The book itself was announced over a month ago, but today they revealed the cover, plus some new special guests.
This means some of you may have already bought it. At the moment it’s only really left available on Amazon Japan, links at the bottom.
The cover shows possible new outfits, or slightly different version of the 2019/2020 outfits.
See the whole list of special guests below, and their relation to BABYMETAL.
Release Date: Tuesday, October 13th
Price: ¥1,400 + tax
Binding: A5 size, normal size, 224 pages
Pre-order Bonuses: Amazon and A!Smart each come with a different postcard.
- SU-METAL & MOAMETAL, Over 40,000 Characters Long Interview
- KOBAMETAL talks about METAL RESISTANCE, 10 years in the making.
- BABYMETAL LIVE PHOTO Archive
- Battle suit collection
- Special Talk: Lordship Demon x KOBAMETAL
- BABYMETAL T-shirt collection
- THE ONE rare goods introduction
- Special Guests: Yoshiki (X Japan), Tak Matsumoto (B’z, “DA DA DANCE” featured artist), Rob Halford (Judas Priest), SLIPKNOT), Dragonforce, Bring Me The Horizon, MIKIKOMETAL (BABYMETAL Choreographer), Riisa Naka (Actress), Seiji Chihara (Entertainer), Asuka (wrestler), Ko Nakamura (Novelist), and more.
They also had a T-shirt available for purchase
Total power special issue of BABYMETAL, which will celebrate its 10th anniversary in 2020.
Producer KOBAMETAL talks about their 10 years history in addition to SU-METAL and MOAMETAL. There are lots of secret stories for the first time.
It also includes new visuals as well as past live photos.
Over 200 pages! The whole book, BABYMETAL! A complete must-have for fans!
CD Japan offered proxy purchasing of A!Smart, but since they are sold out they don’t carry it anymore. However they still have sold T-shirts in the smaller sizes left.
Relations To Special Guests
- Yoshiki (X Japan): Yoshiki/X Japan had a huge influence on Koba and BABYMETAL itself. They met in 2014 at The Forum in London (Yoshiki Tweet – BABYMETAL Tweet).
- Tak Matsumoto (B’z): Another influential Japanese artist. He was the featured artist on “DA DA DANCE“, playing the guitar. He attended The Forum show in Los Angeles last year.
- Rob Halford (Judas Priest): Again, massively influential in music. He performed with BABYMETAL at the APMA’s in 2016, playing “Painkiller” and “Breaking the Law”. BABYMETAL opened for Judas Priest in Singapore in late 2018.
- SLIPKNOT: They have a relation to Corey Taylor (who himself and his son are fans of the band after seeing them live at a festival in 2016). Su and Moa appeared for a bit in his music video in July.
- Dragonforce: helped in the creation of Road of Resistance. Played together at Download 2015 and at the Metal Hammer Awards 2015.
- Bring Me The Horizon: Very good relation between both bands, they met in 2015 and hanged out at several festivals/events since. In 2019 BMTH opened for BABYMETAL in Japan in November.
- MIKIKOMETAL: BABYMETAL’s Choreographer (as well as for Sakura Gakuin, Perfume, and more). Has done all of BABYMETAL’s choreos (as far as we know).
- Riisa Naka (Actress): A big fan. She went to see them at Budokan, and met with them there.
I am unaware of the direct connections with the other mentioned guests. Though I do know some of them are fans.