THE ONE is the BABYMETAL Official “Club”. (technically it isn’t a “fan club”, but it’s basically what it is)
Full information of this on their website (use translator up top)
Benefits of the Club:
- Exclusive access to Super mosh’sh tickets (VIP tickets) for shows in Japan
- Exclusive access to ticket lotteries for shows in Japan
- Exclusive Merchandise, available on the official store based in Japan, A!Smart. (International shipping available)
- Exclusive shows only for members in Japan.
- Special Events (only in Japan). Examples: 100 silver chosen ones and 1 golden chosen one for the SSA show in 2015, Only THE ONE Knows (2016), and Only the Five Knows (2017). No events in 2018 or 2019 (so far).
Length of Membership: The Membership lasts until March 31st, no matter when you join. (For example: if you join at the end of February, you will only be a member for 1 month).
The membership year generally opens on April 23rd.
How to become a Member?
To become a member, you must redeem a code on THE ONE website. To get the code, you must purchase a specific piece of merch on the A!Smart website, which changes every year. This year (2019/20) it’s The One Tee 2019.
The cost is ¥5,000 (around $45 US Dollars), plus shipping (and applicable taxes from your country). Here you have a currency converter.
Step 1: Order the item. Link.
Here is a Guide on using A!Smart in case you have trouble/want some tips.
Step 3: It’s time to register. Go to THE ONE website and choose your language on the top right.
Note if entering between March 31st and April 23rd: THE ONE is closed during this period, wait for it to re-open on April 23rd.
Note if entering between April 23rd and June 19th: it’s still the transitory period for people with the previous THE ONE year membership. If you are new, simply click on either register link and continue on with the guide. If you were a THE ONE member the previous year, you can transfer the same name over to this year, just click on the transfer name link and follow the instructions on the website. If you were a member and want a new name, just follow the register link, as if you were a new member.
Step 3.2: Introduce your code, email, and accept the terms and conditions.
Step 3.3: You will receive an email (in Japanese) with a link, click on it. Once the link opens you must:
- Enter your METAL name of choice. It must be in ALL CAPS (the -METAL will be added automatically, so do not write it).
- Introducing the password you want (type it in a 2nd time to confirm)
- Type your last name, then your first name (VERY IMPORTANT to write it correctly if you plan on getting tickets to shows in Japan)
- Then, select that you live outside Japan (very last option), and type in your country.
- Finally, your birthday, and gender.
Step 3.4: It will send you to a confirmation page. Confirm, and you are done!
You are now a THE ONE member! Congratulations!
So, how do I get exclusive merch, or know when they release new merch?
Good question. Check the BABYMETAL A!Smart page for any items they have in stock that you may be interested in. When you try to add The One items, it will ask you for your THE ONE name and password, enter them and the item will be added to your cart.
For new items, you will be sent an email a few days/weeks before the items go on sale.
I want to go to Japan, and attend a show!
If you plan on going to Japan, and attending some shows; first, you must add your picture (this is very important, as they use the picture to verify your identity):
Step 1: On THE ONE website, log in.
Step 4: Here, you can upload your picture. Please check the rules: it must be clear, (I recommend you stand against a light-colored wall, and good lighting), and also no obstructions, like a Kitsune, hat, glasses, or anything else. Once you took the picture, transfer it to your PC.
Most likely, it will say the image is to big. If you don’t know how to make it small, I recommend TinyPNG.
How do I get tickets as a member?
To apply for tickets, you must enter a lottery (that means there is a chance you can lose). To find if BM has any shows in Japan, check their schedule. If they happen to have any dates you like, check on THE ONE website for any links to the lotteries, and follow them. Choose the type of ticket you want, fill in your information, and apply. You can enter once for each show you want to attend (if you made a mistake or wish to change ticket type, you can reapply, so do not worry).
If you have more questions about tickets, like “what if I lost all the lotteries?”, check this more extensive guide on tickets.