After playing there last year, BABYMETAL return to these sister festivals in Germany. This was actually leaked over a month ago, but it is finally confirmed today.
Ticket links, information, pro-shot video and pictures from last year’s shows, all found below.
When: June 5th-7th, 2020
- Rock am Ring – Nürburgring, Eifel, Germany
- Rock im Park – Zeppelinfeld, Nürnberg, Germany
- Rock am Ring – €174 for the weekend
- Rock im Park – €224 for the weekend
Day tickets generally go on sale later.
Video from previous performance from Rock am Ring 2018
Pictures from previous performances:
- Rock am Ring: Wiki Commons – Rock am Ring Official – Stagr.de – Regioactive.de – Laut.de – Loudlive – Morecore.de – Rockfanatic.de – Anchor Focus Photography
- Rock im Park: Wiki Commons – Rock am Ring Official – Rizek2 – Tierra de Oz – HTM Magazine – Bordbayern.de – br.de – Regioactive.de – Festivalisten – MusikExpress.de/Rollingstone.de – PushingPixels.de – badische-zeitung.de – Metal.de – All Things Loud – Rockfanatic.de – Alamy
It also looks like BABYMETAL finally updated their official biography. It hadn’t been updated since adding a small line for the support shows in 2017. The new part is on the festival website:
Preparing for the release of their third studio album in 2019, BABYMETAL returned to the UK for an appearance at the world’s most famous festival, where they treated revellers at Glastonbury to an unforgettable show on The Other stage, before Bring Me The Horizon and Billie Eilish’s performances.
The release of METAL GALAXY saw their most successful first week ever outside of Japan, securing their 2nd UK Top 20, doubling sales in the USA where they debuted at #2 on the Billboard Top Current Albums Chart and #13 on The Billboard Top 200 – the highest position for a Japanese artist in US chart history -and number 18 in the Official German Albums chart. BABYMETAL sold-out The Forum in Los Angeles on October 11th, the release date of METAL GALAXY, their first headline arena show in North America.